Want to improve your current surf skills, learn to surf from scratch and develop your English language?
The unique Kingsley Summer Surf ‘n English course, combines ‘on beach’ and ‘o beach’ elements focussing on surfing and developing your communication and English language skills through a unique, surf-themed syllabus.
Surfers will enjoy a blend of both practical surf and engaging English sessions during the 12 night course, based at the magnificent Kingsley School – moments from the beach and the stunning North Devon coastline.
Who is this course suitable for:
International students who wish to have a taste of life in a British boarding school, and who have an interest in surfing and the sea.
The course offers a mix of surf instruction, enrichment, social opportunities combined with a unique English language learning syllabus focussing on surf-inspired learning topics that include:
- The benefit of surfing
- Surf fitness and nutrition
- Surf theory: wave types and reading the conditions
- The ocean’s future is our future – inspiring a love of the sea and protecting it together
- Sustainable sea products
- Finisterre – a sustainable surf Brand
- Surf slang
At a glance:
- KINGSLEY SCHOOL ( 3h drive from Heathrow airport; 2h from Bristol airport )
- Age range: 12 – 17 años # A1-C1; Elementary – Advanced level of English
- Summer session: Monday 10 July – Saturday 22 July, 2023
- 12 nights of full board residential accommodation at the school’s own on-campus boarding accommodation
- Twin, triple and larger rooms with shared bathroom
- Free Wi-Fi on campus
- Extensive sports activities ( athletics pitch, tennis courts, indoor sports facilities )
- 40 hours of on-beach / surf experience
- 30 hours of off-beach surf-inspired English language learning
- Maximum class size: 15 in English classes · 8 in practical surf instruction
- An exclusive and unique “on-beach” and “off-beach” surf instruction and English language learning sessions
- Evening activity programme
- One Full day trip to Bristol; local walks to the beach and into Bideford-the local town
- Evaluation report & Certificate
- Sustainable surf kit